Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Stoa at 37,000 feet

This morning the Stoa is airborne, something my ancient peers had only dreamed about.

After having gone through the TSA screening I can now make a few observations:
1. No one tried to do a cavity search on me in the line.
2, I was not asked to climb into an x-ray unit (those really are very, very bad for you, but that is another entry).
3. I did see one woman in her 60's having a rather personal and public frisking by a female agent that lasted as long at it took me to put my shoes back on, my underwear right side forward again, and repack the debris that used to be my carry on.
4. The agents were going painfully out of their way to be polite and nice.

In the end, it was rather quick and not to degrading.

However, I know that the Israelis have a much, much more efficient method for vetting passengers. The paranoid side of me tells me that this is simply a way to numb the public and to make them more acceptable of this kind of behavior in the future. Forget that this could be a violation of my 4th Amendment rights and a host of common sense ones, but that can be another entry.

I do feel that this is meant to numb us and dumb us to later insults upon our persons, so keep an eye out, folks.

Deep thanks goes to my daughter, the Adeptus Stoicae Primarus the use of her Netbook. Perhaps more from the Stoa when I get to where I am going.

Live well.

--Zavost

No comments:

Post a Comment